Located in Wayne County, in the state of Michigan, the town of Sumpter has a population of around 9,500 residents. When the first settlers arrived here, it had two settlements, Martinsville and West Sumpter. The latter became a town full of businesses, with the main district consisting of a general store, a barrel and castes shop, a school, and a hotel. Not long after, the main Post Office was built. By 1903, more businesses were added, and the collection of shops here became the “shopping” district of West Sumpter. But later on, they gradually disappeared as the nearby town of Belleville has built a railway that made it cheaper to obtain goods from there.
About West Sumpter, MI
The community of West Sumpter is quite walkable, with amenities close to each other. This small, cozy town is filled with family-friendly people. With the nearest city of Ann Arbor just a short drive away, you can be within touching distance of great amenities and excellent food and cultural experiences.
Points of Interest Near West Sumpter, MI
The area of West Sumpter is within touching distance of some great amenities and activities. A drive to Ann Arbor will have you surrounded by great restaurants, museums, and parks.
- Belleville Lake: This massive area is a freshwater man-made reservoir located within Wayne County. It is a popular recreational destination for personal watercraft, kayaking, and fishing. There are several parks along the shore of this lake for picnics and walking.
- Ann Arbor Hand-On Museum: Discover science away from school in this fun kids’ museum. There are programs designed for families and with the assistance of an educator, kids can be hands-on with all the activities provided here.
- County Farm Park: This park that is located on the east side of Ann Arbor, features a house that was used as an insane asylum. This 141-acres plot of land has got through so much history that it is not only the perfect place to enjoy the outdoors, but kids could learn about the park’s past as well.
- Armstrong’s Funland: They provide fun and wholesome entertainment for the whole family. Their main attractions are a car show, mini golfs, a small pinball, and a video arcade. They also have a wide selection of vendors with different kinds of food and treats.
- Lodge Lanes: A family-owned business located in Belleville, Lodges Lanes offers a full bar and grill menu and 40 lanes for bowling. It makes such a great place to spend time with your kids!
Why Buy a Manufactured Home in Augusta Woods?
At Augusta Woods, you and your family will say yes to new adventures. We are on the mission to create new sites to accommodate newer and better homes for you. Our contemporary homes are built with the finest materials on the market. We want you to experience a lifestyle that only Augusta Woods can provide. We go above and beyond to assist you in finding the perfect home for your family.
If you are planning on buying a manufactured home in Augusta Woods, feel free to schedule a consultation with us today.